Are you a Telephony Manager and a superstar with CISCO technologies within a large scale environment? When you think of choosing and implementing industry related tools, do you get really excited? Are you super collaborative? Are you looking for your next career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Title: Manager Telephony
- Experienced first level leader (not director level)
- Technologist - SUPER STRONG WITH CISCO technologies – understand technology but is not too hands on, understands how platform works and interacts with things
- Knowledge of tools within the industry
- Call Recording
- Call Center and Call center
- Monitoring and measurement of performance tools
- Decision maker and implementer and choosing these types of tools
- Perfect candidate has been a telephony engineer and architect previously (not required)
- Need someone who has been a manager before but is SUPER technical
- Will be responsible for budget and HR aspects of management responsibility
- Interfacing with large internal customer base and employees
- Will have influence over $17B of revenue
- Previous person had strong Cisco and Telephony manager
- Should be stronger on Technical rather than business acumen and manager
- Should be able to make independent decisions
The IT Telephony Manager is responsible for the daily operational support and provisioning of voice platforms. Responsibilities also include management and training of staff and ensuring that all platforms are designed, provisioned, and maintained in a reliable and efficient manner and in accordance with the company’s internal and external service level agreements. This role also analyzes the needs of the company’s departments and groups and establishes the plans and priorities to develop new or modify existing services, software and hardware.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain telephony system integrity and performance by ensuring the design and configuration meet the needs of the entire enterprise.
- Negotiates and procures hardware and software from multiple vendors for new implementations and upgrades.
- Coordinate management of all telephone systems, directing the efforts of the telephony team, supporting system infrastructure and planning improvements and upgrades as necessary.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Provide technical and project leadership, systems expansions that scale as needed, upgrades and validation of computer hardware and software ensuring the most effective use of equipment and human resources.
- Provide insight into technical designs to ensure solutions developed are consistent with strategic business plans.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with departmental goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Develop training programs and provide growth paths. Foster positive employee relations.
- Develop and foster a team atmosphere that exhibits teamwork within the department and with other departments.
- Develop and manage to a plan that promotes a sense of urgency throughout the team when working on projects or tasks with other departments and with our external customers.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to determine the network system requirements, develop a plan and effectively execute the plan of the technical support projects.
- In conjunction with the Architecture team, manage the deployment of new technologies and provide direction and supervision of the technical support staff.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 7 years’ experience as a member of a telecom team responsible for a large-scale environment. (3 years management)
- Required Qualifications
- Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring others
- Advanced understanding of telecom technologies and administration, Telco configuration and vendor management. - specific technology: CISCO, collaboration and big analytics tools
- Must have extensive experience in Call Center environment.
- Practical hands-on experience with configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of other technologies and software applications.
- Solid understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, with the ability to deploy and troubleshoot TCP/IP within a network environment.
- Proven troubleshooting and resolution skills, creative problem-solving and multitasking abilities.
- Possess strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate across all levels of the company.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Maintain a high level of dependability and sense of responsibility.
- Prior experience directly managing a team of coworkers