Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration, Perm Opening
Our client, one of the largest generation and transmission cooperatives in the nation and is the power supplier for most of the state's member cooperatives. Our Client acquires the power it sells to its member cooperatives in a number of ways, including asset ownership and Purchased Power Agreements.
This Manager of Network Services will manage the design, engineering and support services for Client’s network infrastructure, voice systems and associated equipment and software. This position will also be closely aligned with the Data Center Operations, Cybersecurity, NOC and Service Desk teams to ensure performance, reliability and security of the company’s IT infrastructure.
Academic and Trade Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management or similar discipline preferred. Combination of training and work experience may be substituted for the educational requirements.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in networking and telecommunications operations and support required.
- Experience with electric cooperative’s operations is preferred. A minimum of two years of IT management experience required.
- Works to ensure that performance, reliability and security is maintained for all Client IT infrastructure.
- Manages staff who provide services to outside partner IT infrastructure.
- Develop network and voice priorities and strategies in support of a long-term operations and maintenance plan, considering business direction, capacity, redundancy, cybersecurity, disaster recovery, business continuity, etc.
- Follows the established procedures for change control, root cause analysis, issue resolution, service ticket creation, assignment resolution and closure.
- Create and document processes and procedure to streamline network operation tasks.
- Manages external vendor relationships including telecommunications providers.
- Prepares and manages the network services budget.
- Extensive knowledge of network hardware, operating systems, IT management applications and datacenter operations is required. Sound knowledge of documentation processes, operational procedures, project planning/management, QA techniques is required.
- Knowledge of electric cooperative accounting system, project management and budgeting, transmission, and generation operations is preferred.
- Capable of managing systems engineers and administrators.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication, presentation, and communications skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective customer and colleague relationships.
- Hands-on technical skill set. Work in a “player/coach” capacity to achieve implementation and support objectives.