Do you have a passion and experience for data and the ability to influence business at a national level? Do you have a love for KPI's and overall support to drive revenue? When you wake up in the morning, does the idea of of creating game plans for large data sets excite you?? This position may be for you!
Provide support to markets - they correct processes and make process improvements and manage KPIs nationally, own outcomes for installer group (roughly 1500 nationally) and install departments....they manage the overall performance for these groups
Straddle line of ongoing operations (KPI tracking of installers and core tile people) and put improvement plan together and devleopment of national programs including ERP rollout and process improvement, this includes loading up the installers in the morning
Title: National Operational Data Analyst
Location: REMOTE but based in an existing market for client (will eventually work out of an office but debating this currently)
Chicago - Preference
Baltimore / Washington
Travel: (post COVID) - 1-2 weeks per month on average (3 days per trip)
Comfortable with Data - won't write queries or data cubes - NEED to manipulate data and understand the data and put into messaging
understanding the outcomes
1) Write a process, translate ideas into processes (SOPs) - converting data into actual processes
2) Influence people in 40 different markets and 5 area directors (Must be influential)
3) Will be traveling to get better outcomes
4) High Operational side to this job
5) Heavy with Excel (v-lookups & Pivot tables) and multiple data sources / data bases - people need to understand how to get and manipulate large chunks of raw data
6) Tableau - super user preferred (or PowerBI)
7) 50% internal and 50% external - this could be a high level analyst or National Operation Analyst
8) Create game plans for data or make suggestions for data
9) Should have some knowledge of converting large data into findings/plans OR should have building process improvement in flooring industry
10) Flooring and window industry experience is a plus
11) Influence business at a national level
The Installation Department is the base of our company. All installation team associates work with the installers to ensure all customer, sales and internal requests and requirements are fulfilled. Through daily assignment, jobsite visits and post install inspections, the installation team helps our installers perform quality and complete installations while following our company mission of making beautiful new floors easy.
ResponsibilitiesThis person assists, and/or guides multiple markets’ install departments to drive improvement in financial results, and operational KPIs, related to installations. The person will be responsible for driving specific dollar improvement in the key financial metrics related to installations, which includes Repair pay, Stage Pay, Stage Revenue, and other related financial results. The position will be required to travel to markets in order to train personnel and/or correct gaps in process. They may also be required to cover occasional leadership gaps in market install departments. They will regularly use virtual tools (Skype, screen sharing, logging in remotely, etc) to teach and support local teams, and as necessary, will complete work for the markets. The person also will contribute to the development and rollout of effective new processes & projects across the country as part of the central Install Support team.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of materials for Stage Pay, Stage Revenue and related activities (this includes writing KA’s and other training materials).
- Responsible for the training of Market teams (which includes working with the installer network) for Stage Pay, or other operational processes.
- Develops, Implements and monitors Installation related processes to help achieve business objectives at the market, region, and national level.
- Proactively identifies, troubleshoots, and solves, all concerns that arise with the administration or tracking of Stage pay and related areas of the business.
- Owns all Stage Pay related ERP processes and training
- Reviews and analyzes Installation department operational results, and defines the parameters for Stage pay, Stage revenue, and related processes.
- Utilizes all financial reports and metrics to effectively coach and manage the business to achieve targeted results. Analyzes business results using the required reports and develops and executes action plans for improvement.
- Supports all strategic business development
- Dedicated proactive commitment to solving customer issues same day
- All other duties assigned or as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management preferred
- Five (5) years operations related experience in retail, consumer products or warehouse environment.
- Experience with financial analysis and creating action plans to improve the budget; trade and/or sales experience a plus
- Merchandise/installation experience regarding permit and licensing requirements, and an in-depth knowledge of the product mix
- Training experience or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook,)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; strong leadership skills; detail oriented; excellent organization skills; ability to multi-task; strong analytical skills; ability to work independently; and ability to set priorities, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Home Improvement Industry is required.