Partner with a highly skilled team in a face-paced team environment. We are looking for an experienced Mainframe COBOL CICS Developer for a remote opportunity. The COBOL CICS programmer will be working on financial services applications and will be responsible for:
Additionally, the candidate will be expected to:
- Translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Building/modifying COBOL programs based on specifications
- Providing application subject matter expertise
- Unit testing to ensure that the business requirements are met
The COBOL CICS programmer will need the following skills to perform their core responsibilities:
- Provide accurate status of work
- Raise any risks to schedule
- Work closely with testing teams as they perform functional testing and resolve any defects identified
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Financial systems– technical & functional subject matter expertise – ACAPS/BL preferred
- Core depth of functional knowledge in Banking systems - Loan Origination preferred
- DB2 & all associated utilities
- OS/MVS JCL & utilities
- zSeries COBOL
- SQL Server and MySQL
- Ability to handle client requirement, client meetings, deriving design documents and other deliverables and their walkthrough with client.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues, bugs and other system defects. Knowledge of ACAPS and BureauLink a plus
- Analyze and identify resolutions for the production defects, consistently meeting the defined SLA
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
- 3-5 years' experience in mainframe online CICS banking applications
- 3-5 years of application development experience in COBOL CICS
- 3-5 years of IBMi DB2/SQL experience.
- 5 years of working in a team environment
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years' experience in ACAPS/BureauLink
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.