Title: M365 System Engineer
Type: Contract - 3 months
Location: Irvine, Houston, Milwaukee or New York.
Our client is seeking a M365 System Engineer.
- Build and support a digital, collaborative workplace using Microsoft Teams and other technologies.
- Assist in the architecture, administration, and security and compliance policies encompassing all M365 applications including Teams, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Platform, and Azure services.
- Evaluate M365 enhanced capabilities and make recommendations to meet business needs.
- Promote and demonstrate the use of company-sponsored tools and processes.
- Understand the environment/tools/data users work with through practical hands-on support ranging from IT related questions to deploying new employee workstations.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 configuration and maintenance, including Exchange Online, Teams, Office 365 Groups, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Server based applications, including Azure Active Directory Connect and Core networking features.
- Experience with user authentication methods (single sign-on security, multi-factor authentication (MFA), device sign-on methods, Federated Sign-On, SAML 2.0). ADFS and AADSync.
- Drive Office 365 security adoption and lead technical effort to enable Azure Information Protection.
- Experience with maintaining a business-critical SharePoint Collection strategy including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Teams, Azure.
- Proven track record solving business problems and developing solutions.
- Hands-on experience developing Windows PowerShell cmdlts and scripts in Azure environment.
- Experience supporting a Hybrid Exchange 2016 environment.
- Strong understanding of VMWare, Microsoft Windows 2012 to 2019, SQL Server 2015 – 2018, and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Stay current of all things Office 365, including changes & updates, roadmap & releases, and third-party solutions.
- Experience designing, implementing and migrating both on premise and cloud-to-cloud virtual servers to Microsoft Azure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: BS/BA Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relative professional experience.
- Experience: 5+ years of recent experience and working knowledge administering Microsoft 365 and Azure technologies.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT Professional Services or In-house IT Systems Administration.
- Some travel may be expected.