MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in finding a LinuxAdministrator that will work 100% onsite in a beautiful downtown Chicago office very close to any of the major transportation hubs. This is a great opportunity to expand your career working with an growing company. Are you Linux Administrator with a high level of understanding of high frequency trading systems in a hardware environment? Have you worked with Cisco Nexus NC-OS CLI, fiber-optic and copper physical infrastructure and are extremely collaborative? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
You will support a team of developers and traders, in a dynamic environment. You will be someone excited by challenges and willing to go above and beyond in your performance
What will you be doing?
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
- Research new technology and implement it or recommend its implementation
- Other opportunities as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a systems administration role
- High level understanding/experience with the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, PIM-SM, GMP, ARP
- Experience with Cisco Nexus NX-OS CLI
- Experience with fiber-optic and copper physical infrastructure
- Experience with Linux
- Nice to haves include: Familiarity with L1 / Crossbar devices, Cumulus Linux, Ansible, Arista EOS, Arista MOS, DWDM, FRR, SNMP, Nagios
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.