MATRIX has partnered with a premier client in finding a LinuxAdministrator that will work 100% onsite in a beautiful downtown Chicago office very close to any of the major transportation hubs. This is a great opportunity to expand your career working with an growing company. Are you Linux Administrator with a high level of understanding of high frequency trading systems in a hardware environment? Have you worked with Cisco Nexus NC-OS CLI, fiber-optic and copper physical infrastructure and are extremely collaborative? Are you looking for your next long term career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
You will support a team of developers and traders, in a dynamic environment. You will be someone excited by challenges and willing to go above and beyond in your performance
What will you be doing?
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and determine where changes will need to be made in the future
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records
- Research new technology and implement it or recommend its implementation
- Other opportunities as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a systems administration role
- High level understanding/experience with the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, PIM-SM, GMP, ARP
- Experience with Cisco Nexus NX-OS CLI
- Experience with fiber-optic and copper physical infrastructure
- Experience with Linux
- Nice to haves include: Familiarity with L1 / Crossbar devices, Cumulus Linux, Ansible, Arista EOS, Arista MOS, DWDM, FRR, SNMP, Nagios
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.