Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Systems Operations Engineer
Location: NY/NJ, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Dallas/Plano, SF, Chicago, Raleigh
Term: 12 -24 months
- Will lead application support of production systems with a focus on incident management, problem management, change/release, and other ITIL based functions.
- Will need to lead discussions and collaboration with development and business teams and be able to develop a deep understanding of applications and business functionality.
- Will be working in a corporate environment with large, complex, and critical applications across a wide range of technologies. Examples include large, complex, Tier 1 IIS/.NET/SQL applications, web hosting with multiple server tier levels, and application and server level clustering and load balancing.
- Lead complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high level systems consultation for the technology teams.
- Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems Operations functional area.
- Review and analyze complex technical challenges, as well as escalated support issues related to core business solutions that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, such as alternatives, enhancements, periodic systems reviews, or improvements to existing systems.
- Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements.
- Consult with engineering team on change design requiring solid understanding of technical process controls or standards that influence and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Requires the ability to operate independently and help transform and mature the support organization. Experience with SPLUNK, AppDynamics, and ITRS setup for applications is a strong positive, but not a hard requirement. Ability to automate and reduce toil is a very strong positive.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.