Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 23 months
- Responsible for implementing test automation of Cash High Touch OMS vendor products such as Fidessa and WEX
- Gather requirements, create functional requirements, Epics and User Stories, and document test plans & cases.
- Coordinate with technology teams on functional delivery.
- Maintain full project life-cycle tasks, such as business and technical analysis, designing, coding, testing, and implementation plans.
- Maintain all system diagrams, system interface charts and any other compliance policy and procedure documents.
- Run demos and training for Business, Support and technology teams.
- Scripting and executing test cases.
- Automation of the test cases.
- Running QA and UAT testing with technology and business teams
- Delivery using Agile methodology
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains.
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Fidessa or similar Order Management System experience
- 5+ years of scripting and automation experience
- 5+ years of FIX protocol (Financial Information eXchange) and Simulator experience
- Agile experience
- Experience with one or more Agile tools used for tracking user stories or backlogs, such as Confluence or Jira
- GitHub experience
- Extensive knowledge of Fidessa and WEX vendor OMS platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Financial products (Stocks, Options, Preferreds, Warrants Convertibles etc.).
- Significant experience working with trading desks, middle office, back office.
- Ability to act as an SME
- Extensive experience working with the desk heads.
- Experience with Equities and Options testing
- Experience with FIX messaging and simulators
- Experience with testing tools such as UFT, Ranorex, Canopy and other such functional and GUI testing frameworks.
- Experience with Agile tools such as GitHub, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with scripting languages ex: VB Script, Python, C# scripting
- Extensive experience with testing automation of Fidessa
- Experience with Agile delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness a must.
- Ability to manage deliverables end-to-end.
- Proactive team member with can-do attitude
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.