Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Big Data Systems Designer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Term: 12 months
- Design high performing data models on big-data architecture as data services.
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop, Apache Spark and Amazon S3 based object storage architecture.
- Work with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Collaborate with source system and approved provisioning point (APP) teams, Architects, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable and performant data solutions.
- Effectively work in a hybrid environment where legacy ETL and Data Warehouse applications and new big-data applications co-exist.
- Work with Infrastructure Engineers and System Administrators as appropriate in designing the big-data infrastructure.
- Support ongoing data management efforts for Development, QA and Production environments.
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience.
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions.
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm.
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop 5+ years of Java or Python experience.
- 10+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 10+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both 5+ years of Hadoop experience 5+ years of operational risk, conduct risk or compliance domain experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.