Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is a contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Charlotte NC, New York, NY
Term: 6 months
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact. Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs. Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience and deep understanding of Software Development Life cycle, data ingestion, storage, querying, processing and analysis.
- Expertise on scheduling tools like Autosys, Yoda and other standard industry scheduling tools
- Strong Unix/Linux skills and experience in writing shell scripts
- Oracle & SQL DB expertise and strong SQL skills and writing complex queries,
- Expertise in Data load management, importing & exporting data using SQL, ETL and Cloud Platforms.
- Experience with strategy, planning and execution of new infrastructure setup and Data Center/Cloud Migration
- Experience in configuring CS/CD pipelines, configure manage Kubernetes
- Involved in converting Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDDs/Data frames, Scala.
- Experience developing, installing, and configuring Hadoop ecosystem components.
- Good knowledge on ETL procedures to transform the data in the intermediate tables according to the business rules and functionality requirements.