Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 12 months
- Responsible for overall availability and health of SAS environment, performing system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, performance tuning, capacity planning and troubleshooting any system related issues.
- Build and Deploy new SAS Viya 3.5 and 4.0 environments.
- Administer SAS platform by controlling security, accessibility, connections to data sources.
- Serves as an escalation point for production and/or platform issues and acts as lead liaison with SAS Technical Support to resolve outstanding issues within the SAS environment.
- Collaborate with SAS Technical Support to implement patches, upgrades or configuration changes.
- Proactively communicate directly with business representatives to extract requirements and review work in progress.
- Work with cross functional data scientist teams to create, implement, and deploy business solutions as needed.
- Continue to develop deep technical knowledge of SAS products and integrations with other tools in AI space.
- On occasion work with on call on resolving critical issues over the weekend or afterhours
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Overall IT Experience- 5+ years
- 4+ years experience on SAS 9.0 Admiration
- 2+ years experience SAS Viya 3.5 or 4.0 (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in shell scripting and Unix.
- SAS Federation Server
- SAS Visual Analytics
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
Nice to Haves:
- Python programming
- Net development
- Oracle / SQL database
- SAS Model Manager