Lead .NET Developer - REMOTE
- Location: Dallas, 75201
- Salary: $110000 - $140000 / year
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted about 2 months ago
- Pay 110000 to 110000
- Function: Software / Application Development
- Job Ref: 240408
• Managing and supporting existing legacy applications, gaining understanding of application logic, business rules and underlying data in order to better position the organization to upgrade these applications to modern technology platforms.
• Building full-stack software solutions according to software engineering design best practices for maintainable and extensible code. Using approaches that allow incremental continuous improvement within the constraints of an existing technology stack while taking advantage of opportunities to make the technology stack more effective.
• Partnering with software development team members for design and review of projects with respect to adherence to coding standards, and industry best practices.
• Partnering with internal InfoSec, Infrastructure and Operations teams to move applications and services to PAAS and IAAS solutions on Azure.
• Working with peers and QA team members to replace existing manual UI and functional tests with full automation in an effort to significantly shorten QA cycle time as well as promote CI/CD practices.
• Pursuing technologies and techniques that accelerate the software delivery capabilities of the team.
• Identifying, gathering, and promoting use of technology processes and systems through the use of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
• Partnering with Application Support teams to identify areas needing proactive application and data monitoring and then implementing an automated monitoring solution.
• Working with software development team members to build out automated build and deployment pipelines using the Azure DevOps platform, replacing existing manual processes associated with legacy applications, to enable faster software delivery.
• Analyzing and providing code fixes for defects discovered in Production or testing cycles. Participating in technical reviews with the project team and technical lead.
• Serving as liaison between business users and information technology professionals to establish user needs, technical design requirements, and analyzing and resolving issues related to functionality and performance needs discrepancies.
• Responsible for ensuring alignment to the enterprise and solution architecture standards, industry standards, and best practices when designing or changing applications.
• Responsible for designing and developing web applications, shared API services, and back-end application solutions. This includes producing design artifacts, developing and testing applications, service and component code, supporting the testing, change and release management, production operation of the code. Also, responsible for the continued automation of processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable experience
• 3-5+ years of Lead and Application Architecture experience.
• 10+ years of progressive work experience in enterprise software application development.
• 10+ years of experience in working with software design, development and delivery teams.
• 5+ years of database experience (SQL).
• 5+ years of .NET web technology experience (e.g. - .Net Core / Framework, Web APIs, MVC, C#, JSON/XML, SSL).
• Experience building out and maintaining test automation (e.g. Unit, Integration, Acceptance, Load, Performance, etc.).
• Experience with code repository management using Git. Familiar using tools such as Azure Git, GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.
• Good understanding on the principles of Enterprise Service Bus, Message-Queuing, SOA, Event-Based programming, etc.
• Experience with at least one continuous integration tool (e.g. AzureDevOps, VSTS, TeamCity, MSBuild, Jenkins, etc.).
• Experience with at least one automated deployment tool (e.g. AzureDevOps, VSTS, UCD, Octopus, etc.).
• Good understanding of test-driven development leveraging mocking frameworks, IoC, dependency injection.
• Experience with Middleware & Enterprise API management tools as well as component-based architecture.
• Highly proficient with MS-SQL and developing complex queries, stored procedures and developing ETL (SSIS) / SSRS processes in order to migrate / transpose data from various data sources.
• Working experience with LINQ to SQL as well as an ORM such as Entity Framework, Hibernate, Dapper, etc.
• Experience with Powershell or other scripting languages.
• Project-level experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
• Experience with cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (e.g. Rackspace, Azure, AWS) and working with virtualized systems, including: application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure is a big plus.
• Self-directed, self-starter who identify areas of opportunity within the constraints presented.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience to explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
• Capacity to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong SDLC, project management, time management, and tracking/reporting skills.
• Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities.
• Strong problem-solving skills with a desire to bring issues to resolution.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and business processes.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.