This international financial services industry leader has immediate full-time needs in Cary, NC for a Lead Java Developer. This Vice President level role requires working onsite at least 2 days per week in a hybrid working model. Will work in a technical environment that includes Java 8/11, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, Oracle 12/19, NoSQL, Spark, Linux, and GCP. Will be part of the Global Transaction Banking team and will be responsible for helping to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release of payment data services platform. Your responsibilities will include gathering system and user requirements, designing, and implementing Java based applications.
- Mentor developers and providing insight.
- Work with product owners to build fit for purpose solutions.
- Communicate across development and infrastructure teams for end-to-end delivery Design and implement efficient and correct code.
- Ensure tickets have proper agile story, exit criteria, and other key details.
- Implement multiple solutions to ensure correctness including unit and integration tests.
- Build systems that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Plan and execute flawless releases to production.
- 10+ years of Java Development experience (including Java 8/11).
- 5+ years Leading/Mentoring Java Development team members.
- Strong hands-on experience in developing software using Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience with developing Java based Microservices (preferably using Spring Boot framework).
- Hands-on experience with Kafka message/event stream-processing (would consider someone with strong Solace, MQ, or another messaging platform). Elasticsearch experience is a plus.
- Familiarity writing unity, functional, or behavioral tests using Junit and Gherkin.
- Experience writing concurrent (multi-threaded) applications using efficient structures like locks or semaphores.
- Experience working with common data storage systems like relational databases, message queues, and NoSQL data systems.
- Experience deploying applications written using Java Programming language and or migrating to and from cloud services like Google Cloud.
- Experience with wide swaths of common software stacks and software development lifecycle including but not limited to front end, backend, ETL applications, low latency applications and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment).
- Experience with payments domain, Hadoop/Big Data (Hive / Spark) and hosting apps in Google Cloud platform is a big plus.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.