Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: Lead Hospital Billing Application Analyst
Location: Remote, USA
Approved States - Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Term: 3 months, contract-to-hire
The Lead Application Analyst role will lead the Application teams responsible for configuring, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining software applications. Oversee the creation of system and operating documentation. Facilitate all issues that arise within the specific application area. Provide leadership for a team whose job functions include configuring applications by translating the business requirements into software specifications, executing test plans for configuration testing and performs problem resolution.
- Lead the process to ensure team members configure code using specifications and design documentation in accordance with organizational standards, practices and methodologies. Participate in the continuous improvement of methodologies, practices and standards. Accountable for following and implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, ITIL and quality management framework for projects.
- Understands, tracks and focuses the team on key metrics that measure outcomes and proactively initiates and participates in: 1) Incident and Problem Management, 2) IT Service Request and Task Management, 3) Change Control Management and 4) Approved IT Project deliverables.
- Facilitate meetings between IT application teams and other IT departments regarding configuration issues and ensure issue resolution is completed and meets client standards and business requirements. Proactively communicate to leadership on status and issues.
- Ensure appropriate unit testing of all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance team. Lead the effort to resolve unit test issues and respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Maintain up-to-date application knowledge and understanding of how the business uses the applications in their workflows. Partner with the business to gather requirements and goals to drive optimal solutions. Stay current with industry best practices.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and lead root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures; determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Lead the implementation planning for application changes. Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required by providing excellent customer service. Lead the integration efforts of technology across IT teams.
- Proactively provide leadership and make recommendations regarding assigned application(s) to ensure quality and minimize impact on other applications and business processes. Partner closely with Enterprise Architecture. Lead the resource capacity planning efforts across the team.
- Coach and mentor staff regarding technology, methodologies and standards. Proactively share knowledge and collaborate with IT teams to ensure quick and effective responses to customer needs. Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development technologies and methodologies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or combination of education and related work experience
- 5-7 years of IT application experience
- Minimum of 5 years of HB application Admin experience
- This person will mentor other employees on build options based on system functionality
- HB Billing Administration cert required, no exceptions will be made.
- Strongly prefer Claims/Remittance Certification but not required.
- Leading projects is also preferred.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated working knowledge and expertise of healthcare processes and application system coordination.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database structure and working practice of reporting techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, accountability, problem solving, organizational teamwork and customer service.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to make sound decisions, achieve results, motivate others and be adaptable to a changing environment.
- HB Cert.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in IT field
- Experience within the Healthcare Industry
- Certifications and experience relative to the role (i.e. RN for roles supporting clinical, Radiology Tech for roles supporting Epic Radiant)
- Epic Certifications for Epic roles