Position: Lead Data Architect
Location: New Hyde Park, NY 11042
Term: 4 months
- Facilitates database design sessions and translates business requirements into logical and physical system designs for moderate to large complex use cases and provides a source to target mapping designs for delivery.
- Knowledge of modern cloud data model design patterns and ability to identify solutions that leverage these modeling techniques.
- Design the physical database model and implementation process that serves cross-functional areas. Designs the optimal data presentation environment for the customer and works with various reporting needs.
- Develops, tests, and implements moderately complex ETL (extract, transformation, and load) routines.
- Provides data analysis and technical support for highly complex query optimization and database proficiency.
- Assists in leading the effort to ensure proper integration with existing data, standards, and business processes.
- Aligning solutions with the ever-evolving data security space.
- Ability to direct the work of others, including but not limited to directing ETL development demonstrating an understanding of key concepts of ETL/ELT including best practices for optimization and scheduling.
- Addresses the customer needs, manages expectations, and ensures system-wide integration. A strategic mindset for the importance and power of data across a spectrum of use cases and possibilities.
- Develops, documents, and delivers complex ad-hoc queries of production data as requested.
- Works effectively with Product Owner and Solution Architect to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, and project priorities.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Proven understanding of data warehousing, data architecture, and BI with deep knowledge of modern cloud analytics.
- Expert in data analysis and data mapping.
- Expert in creating advanced SQL. (multiple joins, subselects, case, decode, and other constructs)
- Expert performing logical data modeling and physical data modeling.
- Knowledge of modern apps and data platforms.
- Experience with Cloud-based project implementation.
- Experience with data pipelines and architecture/engineering.
- Experience performing problem analysis and data investigation.
- AWS service and Snowflake experience.
- Problem-solving, interpersonal, and time management skills to handle high-pressure, complex situations effectively.
- Strong technical mentoring and collaboration skills, including cross-domain expertise and credibility with both data and software engineers, highly motivated by team success.
- Excellent communication/consultative skills and professional maturity, with the ability to switch contexts between highly creative and technical topics quickly and easily.
- Experience in an Agile + DevOps, collaborative environment; experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.