Lead Cloud Data Developer
Global Financial Services organization seeking a Lead Cloud Data Developer for their growing team. This role will provide technical input and leadership for an onshore-offshore development team building hybrid applications in an on-premise and cloud environment. This role will provide system analysis, design, development and implementation of data related projects, services and deliverables. The role will support the business stakeholders and their strategic projects through creation, experimentation, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools for data analysis, model development and other advanced analytics needs. This is a mix of hands-on development and technical leadership.
Day to Day Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of Big Data Analytic applications on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Works with cloud and enterprise architects to ensure the cloud architecture is aligned with company architectural standards and strategies
- Determines technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the cloud architecture.
- Work with cloud architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Ensures architectural service designs and improvements are implemented accurately and can be supported according to service level agreements.
- Ability to implement the integration of other systems and assist in the evaluation of third party solutions
- Conduct meetings to build requirements, and do design work and support peer code reviews
- Continual process and code improvement to continually make the automation platform better and support ever changing requirements
- Work in an Agile environment
You might be a fit if you have a mix of the following:
- 5+ years working on data delivery projects
- 5 years related data movement experience (ETL, RDBMS, Big Data, data governance)
- Working experience (2+) with a public cloud platform like AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM or Oracle Cloud
- Working experience with Java or equivalent object-oriented frameworks (Apache Beam, Spring Boot, etc).
- Strong Scripting and Orchestration skills (VMware VRA/VRO, Ansible, Puppet)
- Strong Linux/Unix scripting skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction and thrive in a geographically distributed team environment.
- High level of experience with automation of infrastructure
- Expert knowledge of cloud coding languages such as Python
- Cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing in the cloud