Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Business Execution Consultant
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28282
Term: 12 months
- Support the product owner/product management capabilities aligned to managing and administering the Regulatory Relations Technology & Business Owned Solutions including interfacing/communicating with senior business and technology stakeholders on behalf of the platform(s) / solution(s).
- Fulfill all requirements of a business analyst in alignment with the client's Agile Playbook.
- Responsible for executing business architecture definition and implementation based on the overall business strategy. This includes:
- Capturing the end–to-end business requirements that align to the strategy and supporting business processes.
- Defining and managing the product roadmap and feature/release prioritization.
- Capturing system requirements – functional and non-functional – for the tools/systems required to support management of regulatory matters (e.g., documenting epics, user stories, use cases, and test scripts for end-user acceptance testing).
- Participating in the documentation of system documentation owned by the business, including end-user manuals, system guides, etc.
- Supporting the development teams throughout the system development lifecycle.
- Supporting the QA and UAT testers throughout in-line system, integration, and performance testing efforts.
- Working with integrating tool partners to align development and testing timelines and ensure that integration objectives are understood and achieved.
- Providing end-user support to facilitate user adoption and identify, document and resolve issues impacting users.
- Partner closely with teams responsible for all implementation readiness activities: release-level user acceptance testing, and end-user pilots, training, adoption, support, and communication.
- Partner closely with the program/project management team to ensure all aspects of the Change Management policy are fulfilled (e.g., status reporting, change controls, issue/risk management, etc.).
- Lead cross functional teams to strategize, plan, and execute a variety of programs, services and initiatives.
- Drive accountability for assigned initiatives, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies as appropriate.
- Review strategic approaches and effectiveness of support function and business performance.
- Perform assessments through fact finding and data requiring creative approaches to solving complex issues, and develop appropriate solutions or recommendations.
- Make decisions in highly complex and multifaceted situations requiring solid understanding of business group's functional area or products, facilitate decision making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans.
- Collaborate and consult with members of the Business Execution team and team leaders to drive strategic initiatives.
- Influence, guide and lead less experienced Strategy and Execution staff within the group.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis, Requirements Management, and Agile Delivery.
- 5+ years of Management Consulting, Strategy Consulting, or Business Operations experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Experience utilizing data and reporting tools such as Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau to analyze data and validate requirements for data ingestion, transformation, and presentation.
- Possess superb communication and collaboration skills across multiple levels and functions with demonstrated success in aligning divergent positions and bringing cohesion to diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business need to solution (policy, process, data, and technology).
- Demonstrated ability to interview subject matter experts to extract/document specific requirements, resolving requirements conflicts, and capturing business user approval of documented requirements.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives.
- Experience using approved tools, language, methods, and documents, such as BRDs (business requirements documents), JIRA, Rally, Blueprint, Visio, or similar requirements management solutions.
- Execution oriented, professional demeanor, self-starter behavior and able to recognize opportunities for improvement in the business and to act on those opportunities.