Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Risk Controls Consultant - Quality Control
Term: 6 months
- Participate in reviewing and assessing the Consumer Lending Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) environment through Quality Control (QC) activities
- Lead team of Quality Control employees which includes managing to SLA timelines
- Performs oversight reviews of testing executed by various team members for accuracy and provide coaching
- Documents QC work papers in accordance with team standards and best practices that are transparent to an independent third party
- Develops business partnerships with Controls Evaluation teams and delivers value to the Controls Evaluation teams by providing credible challenge and stressing the importance of continuous improvement.
- Effectively manages and implements change
- Escalate key errors identified during quality control process and ensure resolution of same in compliance with internal company requirements
- Deliver on RCSA execution schedules and convey a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Deliver on quality execution of RCSA and its outputs, support the evaluation of risks and controls, and drive continuous improvement, lessons learned and feedback loops within the RCSA execution team to ensure success criteria are met
- Intermediate skills in various quality assurance techniques
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing, able to ask well-crafted questions and present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, good listener who engenders creative thinking and teamwork
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office (specifically Excel)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, coupled with an ability to translate ambiguous ideas/issues into well-defined plans/solutions with a track-record for delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality output from self and team
- Knowledge of the operational risk framework and disciplines primarily in the banking industry and its related operations
- 6+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education