Position: Lab/Field Technician
Location: Annapolis, MD
Term: 24 months
Seeking a motivated technician with hardware integration experience and virtual machine experience, to be part of the Rail Integration team responsible for supporting a variety of Systems for the Transit industry. The candidate will be expected to perform as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills. The technician will also be expected to support and maintain the VM infrastructure of the Annapolis labs and support the other labs in New York and in California. Our team consists of integration engineers, technicians, communication engineers and system administrators and the technician will work with these teammates to complete the variety of tasks on projects. These projects include SCADA, Customer Information Systems (CIS), Networking and CCTV technologies. The candidate will utilize normal test or diagnostic equipment and be responsible to perform assembly, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and modification of various moderate to complex electronics/transportation equipment in accordance with Wabtec Quality Standards.
- Provide lab and field support of system integration engineering activities
- Conduct the inspection, assembly, wiring, testing, checkout, fabrication, modification and troubleshooting of various electromechanical assemblies and systems
- Install various software applications on computer workstations and complete basic configuration tasks.
- Oversight of department lab areas and tools as well as coordination of annual test equipment calibration
- Conducts a variety of functional tests to check operation and calibration of ESD stations, components, equipment, and systems.
- Perform electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units.
- Understands the importance of accurate paperwork and how it impacts the fabrication and testing process. Supports and promotes continuous process improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Assist with the shipping and receiving of equipment
- Adhere to processes and work to improve those processes
- Understanding and implementation of VMware, Cyber tools, SANs, and Networking switches
- Coordinating IT activities to ensure the availability of network services and data
- Identifying future challenges in the IT Lab landscape and developing mitigation strategies
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and eliminating them with strategic solutions
- This position requires a HS Diploma with 6 years relevant experience OR
- AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with Engineering/technical team
- Ability to perform production of a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies - panels, and/or racks
- Ability to use and operate hand tools and test equipment
- Familiarity with Windows OS and the ability to configure basic computer workstation settings
- Experience with Virtual Machines and Networking
- Expected travel 10 to 25%