100% remote opportunity for a degreed Jr. Data Scientist with Gurobi.
Future duties and responsibilities
- Collaborates with translators to define technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; understand business problems to implement scalable and sustainable solutions
- Coordinates with SMEs, translators, IT and data engineers to deliver holistic analytical solutions
- Designs, creates, tests and implements complex models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions throughout the organization
- Regularly tests and maintains analytical models to improve efficiency and keep up with changing business needs, ensuring timely analysis and testing for regular maintenance of solutions over time
- Writes reports articulating the analytics insights and their business impacts
- Conducts and leads meetings and workshops to explain findings
- Supports translators in communicating the design, functioning and output of the analytical models/solutions developed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Work experience in addition to degree: 3+ years of data science work specifically in building predictive models using machine learning techniques.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in statistics, physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or management of information systems.
- Experience with object oriented design, coding and testing, engineering Data Science/Machine Learning platforms
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL and Python or R and experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Gurobi modeling
- Comfort in using SQL Server, PostgreSQL/ MySQL, experience in tools based on Git or SVN and working knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Proficiency in aggregation of large data sets, statistical analysis tools
- Expert knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures
- Understanding of advanced applied mathematics in AA, artificial intelligence and array operations
- Experience in manufacturing industry required
- A good operations research background and experience is required and ability to learn the Gurobi.