Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Specialized Developer IV
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 3 months
- Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements.
- Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development.
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions.
- Creates detailed project specifications, requirements and estimates.
- Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security and performance.
- Supports the development of coding standards and adheres to best practices and security guidelines.
- Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 8+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments
- 5+ years of professional, design and open-source experience
- Proficiency in Full Stack Development
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- J2EE technologies: Java, JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC, EJB
- Cloud-based development: Cloud Foundry
- Web Servers: Tomcat, tcServer
- Services: REST, SOAP
- Frameworks: Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- Front-end: Angular JS, Ext JS, CSS, jQuery, AJAX
- Build/deployment tools: Maven, Gradel, Git, Junit, Mockito
- Other Dev Ops Toolchain: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, SonarQube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, GitHub, Jenkins, ElasticSearch, Logstaash, Kibana, New Relic
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Airline Industry experience
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups.
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently.