LOCATION: Remote / Jacksonville, FL
Our client is looking for a Front-End Java Developer to join their growing team! As a Developer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for business partners. Your SCRUM team responds to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified.
To be qualified for this position, you:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in an Agile and/or iterative development environment.
- Prefer two (2) or more years of healthcare industry experience
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company or entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge, skills, and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability and experience to facilitate JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes. May work with senior Developers to resolve/debug program errors
- Knowledge and ability to apply OOD (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, .Net C# and Patterns) and impact to the application development process
- Knowledge of web development methodologies (primarily Agile/Scrum), application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Knowledge of basic database design and query language
- Relationship management and collaboration skills requirements and functional specifications for application development
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and Write fundamental code to address project specifications and guidelines.
- Provide input on programming or development standards.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of database set-up.
- Applies the software development life cycle.
- Learns and applies database set-up.
- Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Actively participates in code reviews and begins to review the code of other developers.
- Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancement under the direction of senior developers.
- Reviews requirements and determines gaps or missing elements in system, process and/or functional requirements.
- Write moderate level technical documentation and submit for review by a senior developer.
- Performs unit testing and moderate debugging to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Work on smaller, moderately complex projects that typically require a singular area of expertise but may work on more complex projects as a member of a project team.
- Estimate work efforts for AIR backlog.
Apply with MATRIX today!