Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 24 months
- Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in developing applications using Java/J2EE.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience working with Java frameworks including Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience managing RDBMS Databases DB2, Oracle etc.
- Experience working with mainframe applications and MQ messaging.
- Experience in Payment applications, EDI transalation.
- Experience in handling/Coordinating teams working in multiple locations in US and outside US.
- Hands on knowledge on Pac2000, Service now.
- 5+ years of Agile experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Jira tool and reports.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Excellent collaboration skills and enjoys working in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and solution minded.
- Familiarity with financial services technologies and banking processes (Payments, Receivables, Credit exposure and risk exposure, Deposits and customer onboarding).
- Solid experience building Java full stack applications, service based architecture.
- Extensive design and hands on development experience in Microservices will be needed as well as automation with strong understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
- Expected to design and develop high performance Java application.
- Experience in working with FIS Connection tool.