Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX- on site every Wednesday/hybrid
Term: 6 months
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle using best practices in object-oriented techniques and Agile.
- Evaluate requirements and propose solutions with careful consideration to cost and impact with other systems as well as develop and execute implementation plan for delivery of requested functionality.
- Review, create, and alter existing software and software artifacts to implement new requirements.
- Actively participates in software design and peer code reviews.
- Mentors and coaches team members related to analysis, architecture, design, development, build, deployment, and maintenance of systems.
- Monitors performance and provides support of application after implementation.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Must possess a bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline: advanced degree is preferred; experience with operations research optimization techniques is a plus.
- Requires 5+ years of application development experience, including 5+ years of Java SE experience and 3+ years of Java EE experience.
- Will have demonstrated skills and experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale, highly available applications.
- Experience with UI technologies and frameworks (e.g., HTML5, CSS, LESS, AngularJS, ReactJS) is also required.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the JEE platform and supporting technologies such as JAXP, JMS, JDBC.
- Must be familiar with Relational Databases such as Oracle or SQL Server; strong working knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Must have experience consuming Web Services and implementing WebServices; should be familiar with messaging and SOA technologies; require knowledge of general architecture principles.
- Familiarity with software configuration management/build processes is a plus.