Our client is looking for a Java Developer to join their team for a 6 month+ contract onsite in Irving, TX. In this role your primary focus will be on designing and developing applications using Java to manage an IoT based event driven system using technologies like AWS IoT, Spring state machine, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, Kubernetes, Docker, NoSql databases and Git/Github/Gitlab. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, EKS, Lambda, API Gateway(Apigee), and many more. You will ensure that the components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure and participate in team design sessions and scrum/agile ceremonies. If required, you must be willing to wear any of the other hats that is required to make the project successful and always ready to learn new technology on the fly and deliver the results.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience with development and designing applications using Java, Spring, Spring boot frameworks.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in relational or non-relational database management systems.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with Unit and Integration testing with Junit, Selenium, Cucumber JS unit testing library (Jest, Mocha).
- 5+ Experience developing with large microservice-based architectures, container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes/Amazon EKS
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in cloud tech (AWS).
- Understanding of MVC / MVVM / MVP structure and development patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Good to Have:
- Good experience with API development using Java and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools.
- Familiarity with code versioning Git (Gitlab).
- Familiarity with backlog management tools like JIRA.