Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: IT Project Manager-ERP
Location: Dallas, TX
Term: 11 Months
- Ultimately responsible for partnering with business partner to uphold the project scope and objectives.
- Responsible for using Project Management best practice to guide a project with the stakeholders and/or business.
- Deliver projects on budget with desired outcomes. Will utilize skills to forecast financials of project to effectively communicate any variance to sponsor and required management.
- Able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems of the project and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed-all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires.
- Conduct weekly status reviews with project team and works with project team to obtain updates for weekly status reporting and PowerPoint presentations to include updates on timeline, health of project indicators, accomplishments, and planned items coming-up.
- Maintain project governance with regular status meetings and reports, stand-ups and/or review sessions to keep team organized and moving forward to successful project closure.
- Screens projects for risks, actions, issues, decisions, financial viability, and opportunities for sustainable improvement. Understands the end to end impact along with cross functional impact. Formulates and implements solutions.
- Project may involve working with multiple vendors and making sure vendor PM aligns to client deliverables, SOW, invoicing, and timeline.
- Works with Financial Analyst to performs validation on financial-related reporting and liaises with project leadership about budget, forecast, accruals and reclassifications that may need to occur on project.
- With input from project leadership updates project forecast, submits accruals and reclassifications to maintain project financial standards.
- Monitors project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility with delivery lead.
- Develop a detailed project plan/schedule to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create, maintain, and store project documentation and records.
- Responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices with project team.
- Excellent communicator that understands frequent, consistent communication helps keep teams aligned and progressing forward with project. Respectful and upholds team dignity throughout project.
- Encourages and supports escalations: communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential escalation issues. Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a project. Cultivates the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders. This includes executing the proper communication and coordination of cross functional project teams to ensure seamless delivery.
- Engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommend solutions.
- Lead project teams in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting minutes.
- Understands Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to follow client Governance and utilize required formatting of PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Energy experience is a plus.
- Experience in an Information Technology Environment.
- Bachelor Degree
- Masters, a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Self-motivated, works with appropriate urgency, friendly and assertive.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent concise writing and communication skills.
- Cool, calm, collected and collaborative. Works well under pressure, comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. Can shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Project.
- Ability to identify and document issues, risks and problems.
- No direct reports.
- Office based, minimum travel, under 5% a year. At times, required to work in warehouse/plant environment and refinery/industrial/pipeline environment, includes but not limited to, work near moving mechanical parts and/or rotating equipment, loud noise or vibrations and varying road conditions. May be required to work outdoors and subject to all weather conditions.
- Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, lifting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential (inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal), valid State drivers license and proof of insurance, ability to wear personal protective equipment and a respirator during emergency situations as needed (beards not permitted).