Location: Atlanta, GA 30328
Term: 3 months
- Manage scope, schedule, and cost for assigned technology projects; may be responsible for one or more simultaneous projects.
- Forecast monthly spending throughout the life of projects.
- Develop project management deliverables, within compliance with approved methodology requirements.
- Communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them.
- Organize the work into manageable work packages or phases and determine an effective approach to completing the work.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, including Technology and Business partners.
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities.
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles to ensure the project team can make progress.
- Effectively coordinate the activities of the team to meet project milestones.
- Provide performance input to team members’ functional managers.
- Proactively manage change to baselined scope, schedule, and cost variables, communicating impacts and facilitating decisions.
- Develop accurate estimates for effort, budget, and schedule.
- Develop resource plans, including the skills required.
- Work with Technology and Business Partners to procure resources, both internally and externally.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting, estimate to actual variance, etc.
- Develop and maintain all project management documentation.
- Analyze the actual performance against the plan and adjust consistency with plan objectives
- Analyze risks, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating mitigating action.
- Provide tracking and reporting on progress to plan, cost and schedule reporting, and change control.
- Resolve issues that impact the project in a timely, effective manner.
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project requirements.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, business, or management discipline; or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of professional Technology experience, 3-5+ years of project management experience in technical projects.
- Knowledge of and competency in PMI-based project management processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, issues management, time management, and financial management/programs.
- Demonstrated experience running multiple technology projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent meeting planning and facilitation skills.
- Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office. (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, and Access)
- Experience with Telecommunications, Infrastructure, and Automation projects.
Even better if you have:
- PMP certification
- ACP or SCM skills.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience managing projects in corporate technology environments.