Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: IT Project Manager
Location: Dallas, TX 75201
Term: 11 Months
- Ultimately responsible for partnering with business partner to uphold the project scope and objectives.
- Responsible for using Project Management best practice to guide a project with the stakeholders and/or business.
- Deliver projects on budget with desired outcomes. Will utilize skills to forecast financials of project to effectively communicate any variance to sponsor and required management.
- Able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems of the project and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed-all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires.
- Conduct weekly status reviews with project team and works with project team to obtain updates for weekly status reporting to include updates on timeline, health of project indicators, accomplishments, and planned items coming-up.
- Ability to follow client Governance and utilize required formatting of PowerPoint presentations as required.
- Maintain project governance with regular status meetings and reports, stand-ups and/or review sessions to keep team organized and moving forward to successful project closure.
- Screens projects for risks, actions, issues, decisions, financial viability, and opportunities for sustainable improvement. Understands the end to end impact along with cross functional impact. Formulates and implements solutions.
- Project may involve working with multiple vendors and making sure vendor PM aligns to client deliverables, SOW, invoicing, and timeline.
- Works with Financial Analyst to performs validation on financial-related reporting and liaises with project leadership about budget, forecast, accruals and reclassifications that may need to occur on project.
- With input from project leadership updates project forecast, submits accruals and reclassifications to maintain project financial standards.
- Responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices with project team.
- Excellent communicator that understands frequent, consistent communication helps keep teams aligned and progressing forward with project. Respectful and upholds team dignity throughout project.
- Encourages and supports escalations: communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential escalation issues. Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a project. Cultivates the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders. This includes executing the proper communication and coordination of cross functional project teams to ensure seamless delivery.
- Facilitates project teams in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting minutes.
- Engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommend solutions.
- Understands Software Development Lifecycle.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Energy experience is a plus.
- Experience in an Information Technology Environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Bachelor Degree
- Self-motivated, works with appropriate urgency, friendly and assertive.
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent concise writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments. Can shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
- Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Project.
- Ability to identify and document issues, risks and problems.