Are you an experienced IT Project Manager looking for a new hybrid position? We have a great contract to potential perm opening that could be a match.
- Provides guidance and project management expertise to plan, monitor and implement Information Technology (IT) projects while ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Leads the project team to utilize appropriate project management tools and processes; ensures project management best practices are utilized and key learnings are captured.
- Ensures compliance with documented IT processes and enhances customer satisfaction.
- Manages medium to large projects, and may manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Works with project owners and project team on project related issues. Understands business processes and serves as an IT functional subject matter expert (SME).
- Works as second or assistant Project Manager (PM) on larger projects or programs.
- Supports Project Managers with project plans, documentation, meetings, status reports, and other activities.
- May provide support to one or more Project Management Office (PMO) function.
- Stays current on project management techniques, technology trends, industry trends and corporate initiatives.
- Manages risks and issues, which includes identification, tracking and management.
- Mentors, educates and trains project team members on project management best practices.
- Plan, direct, guide and implement IT projects and programs which support Corporate strategic objectives
- Utilize divisional standard project management methodology and solution delivery method to insure proper performance and execution when completing projects
- Create positive, professional relationships with both internal and external customers
- Analyze technical and business processes and implement improvements
- Consistently provide visibility into projects and report progress of projects to management and governing bodies
- Manage risks and issues that occur during project lifecycle including strategic direction
- Mentor, educate and train project teams and team members on project management best practices
- Attend technical training sessions and classes as required
- Analyze and review ITPO metrics and key performance indicators of various IT efforts across different solution demographics including size and risk
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Engineering, or related field required
Licenses and Certifications
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification within one year of hiring
- Experience and Skills
- At least 4 years of IT experience with at least 2 years being IT project management experience working in a structured project environment
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and hardware
- Experience in software engineering or IT Infrastructure
- Experience in project management techniques and methodologies
- Experience using MS Project, MS Office or similar applications
- Proven experience leading and working independently as an IT Project Manager on medium sized corporate projects or initiatives
- Experience with project management or Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools
- Experience with project planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting
- Experience with project risk and issue management
- Solid communication and relationship building skills are a necessity
- Experience with educating, training and mentoring project teams
- Experience as an IT functional subject matter expert (SME) - preferred
- Hands-on coding experience - preferred