Come work for an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services on an overall mission to heal, discover and educate for longer, healthier lives.
Position: IT Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Term: 3 months
Perform a variety of engineering tasks around system design, implementation, integration and optimization within a technology domain or line of business. Utilize systems expertise and knowledge of software, hardware, networks, and/or storage to work across the business with architecture, application development, business analysts, DBAs and infrastructure to evaluate business needs and design and manage end-to-end technical solutions. Provide technical guidance to other technology resources as it relates to projects and/or area of expertise.
Additional Job Details:
- This Engineer spot will help support Enterprise Clinical Applications to include but not limited to Vocera Secure Messaging Platforms, RTLS systems, Patient Monitoring, Vocera Badges, Etc..
- Stay current with new technologies and leverage industry best practices to review, assess, design, test, approve, implement and support new and existing technical solutions and systems. Provide expertise on either assigned technology domain or assigned assets (to include interrelationships with other systems, applications and technology). Work with the business and across technology to analyze business requirements then manage the design or redesign of systems. Advise on viability and feasibility of alternative approaches.
- Create, maintain and archive low level design documents and detailed engineering specifications based upon business and user requirements, to include high availability design diagrams, scalability design diagrams, capacity models, logical and physical network diagrams, storage layout diagrams and disaster recovery documentation. Write and/or revise operations documentation to include providing required input into operation support manuals and user guides as applicable.
- Participate in system design walkthroughs. Contribute to the development and implementation of complex processes and procedures, including system additions and/or enhancements, to ensure compliance with specifications. Complete project deliverables using the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and a deliverables-based approach.
- Good understanding of network infrastructure and enterprise architecture. Project management skills to support and monitor the progression of software/systems development and life cycle management.
- Enable a thorough test of all system deliverables, interfaces and interdependencies by helping the quality assurance teams identify test cases and verify system logic. Participate in the preparation of test data, overall systems testing, integrated stress testing, performance analysis and tuning. Support migration into production and respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner. Provide implementation and production support as required.
- Improve the health of system assets. Evaluate production issues to determine corrective action(s) required. Troubleshoot and lead root-cause analysis for system failures and recommend fixes/improvements to prevent their recurrence. Proactively identify enhancements to improve performance, reliability, and resource consumption. Create engineering remediation plans for existing systems with identified problems.
- Participate in the selection, implementation of technology, tools, methodologies, standards and best practices. Follow adopted methodologies and standards and ensure project adherence to standards and practices. Provide innovative solutions to solve business problems.
- Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in applicable technologies and methodologies. Work effectively in a team environment to ensure that solution delivery is on time, within cost estimates and meets business needs. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with business partners and project teams.
- Provides ongoing operational system support and resolves escalated issues. Interacts with vendors on problem determination, resolution, issue tracking, upgrades and fixes
- Participates in after-hours support as determined by IT Leadership
- Patient Centered: Provide services centered on the needs and safety of our patients and families.
- Bachelors degree or combination education and related work experience
- 5+ years of practical experience and proven success with the design and operation of complex computing systems
- Proven ability to lead and influence others without a direct line of authority.
- System Administration experience, to include hardware and network experience on Unix and/or Windows platforms.
- Broad technical knowledge across a majority - with deeper knowledge in a couple - of the following: web application development, software engineering and/or testing, data analysis, networking, operation systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), storage (enterprise SAN, NAS), Database (UDB, SQLServer, Oracle).
- Bachelors degree or Associate degree with 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience within the Healthcare Industry