Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Sr. IT Business Data Analyst
Location: Hybrid 3 days a week onsite in Addison, TX
Term: 18 months
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst with strong SQL skills for a critical position to provide ongoing support to the North American and global markets. The individual's role will include developing a thorough understanding of the business, eliciting detailed requirements, creating use cases, producing effective test cases and providing ongoing support to their customers. The individual should also have experience with testing strategies and be able to write complex SQL Server scripts to validate data. Occasional night and weekend work will be required to support the business during critical times such as year end.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Approximate percentage of work time spent on each item.)
- Provide day to day support to end users which includes researching and resolving issues related to their proprietary application. While resolving the issues you will be working with development team closely. Supporting a Global application and working day to day with customers and a global team. 20%
- Provide month end support to North America markets. This requires understanding of complex business rules and strong SQL knowledge. 10%
- Facilitate meetings, gather requirements and document business requirements and prepare scenarios using spread sheets, power points etc. 20%
- Test bugs and requirements on day-to-day basis. This requires understanding of complex business rules and strong SQL practices. 20%
- Acts as subject matter expert on part of Front Office applications and work with different team to ensure a good quality of customer service to end users. 20%
- Validation of data for integrity based on business requirements 10%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or other related field or comparable work experience.
- Experience 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or related IT experience
- Hard working focused and enthusiastic individual who can provide consistently high-quality work.
- Need good communication skills and someone who can present well in meetings.
- Experience documenting business functional requirements and use cases, including conducting gap analysis.
- Must be very analytical and very detail oriented with strong problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to elicit business requirements and define technical solutions to business problems.
- Solid understanding of business requirements gathering processes, business process flow, business modeling, business analysis, Data analysis.
- Results-oriented professional with proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, multifaceted, team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and communicate effectively with various groups throughout the organization as well as with 3rd party vendors.
- Strong SQL skills is a must (SQL Scripting and SQL Query skills) working with tables and joins; and experience with large scale relational databases.
- Must have experience with SQL for manual testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Visual Studio/Web version), Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of Salesforce.com platform