Title: IT Business Analyst
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
- Conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design for Compliance and Privacy related projects.
- The Systems Analyst will work with Business to define and document the overall system flow of projects. This will include a high degree of interaction with business and operations units to understand the functional needs of the users of the system as well as the various technology teams, both within and outside of FRB, which are responsible for integration point.
- Draw out, analyze, validate, and manage requirements, flows and deliverables for projects.
- Act as a liaison among technical development, business users and vendors.
- Contributing to overall system design.
- Evaluate current processes and procedures to ensure relevance and accuracy. Make recommendations for changes and keep documentation current.
- Work with business to understand requirements and help to translate them into actionable IT tasks.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on Privacy, Regulatory and Compliance Functions.
- Working closely with the IT team to deliver business requirements.
- Building critical working relationships with the business and users.
- Specify and fully document application customizations that would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators.
Technical skill / competency
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Management, or related technical degree, or four years professional work experience in financial industry related data privacy programs.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Have good knowledge of Data Governance and compliance, specifically Privacy experience
- Experience of working with Jira tool
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL, Microsoft Excel, etc.), programming (R, Python, etc)
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings with Flowcharts and presentation decks.
- Resilience and commitment during periods of uncertainty and change.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills e.g. the ability to facilitate group discussions.
- Able to rapidly acquire a sound high-level understanding of new business and technical domains.
- Have knowledge of different Privacy law/regulation within U.S. or across world.
- Understand Data life cycle and aware of Data classification, tagging and catalog.
Good to have
- Experience with OneTrust. Aware of various feature/functionality under OneTrust module DSAR, Data Mapping, Universal Consent, Preference management, Robotic automation, Data Discovery, Incident management, Cookies Compliance etc.
- Professional Certifications (CIPP, CIPT, CIPP-US, CDPSE, CISSP, CISA, or related)
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Expertise in Data Quality and cleansing methodologies and be able to identify/troubleshoot data issues.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Experience in data collection/sourcing techniques with SQL.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Review existing ETL pipelines in Informatica/SSIS to identify/troubleshoot data issues.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Understanding of SDLC and Agile Techniques.
- Knowledge of enterprise data management technologies, including Data warehousing and at least one ETL tool.
- Knowledge of Tableau /Power BI or any BI tool and be able to build and support dashboards is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SSIS.
- Ability to document, establish and adhere to standards including source control, software configuration.
- Good to have cloud platforms experience in AWS/Azure/GCP and working in hybrid environments.