Term: 6-months, with possibility of extension
Location: Cary, NC
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for managing the lifecycle of IT assets (hardware and software), as well as the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) asset entries. In this role, you will be responsible for the identification of all IT assets including software, hardware, virtual machines and cloud services, as well as for ensuring the information is recorded in the ITSM solution via Hardware/Software Asset and Configuration Item (CI) records. You are responsible for tracking CIs through their full lifecycle from requisition through to retirement, and playing a role in optimizing technology spend and procurement, and for developing the processes, systems and tools for asset/configuration management.
You will work with CI owners to help maintain and validate their data, drive service mapping criticality and incorporate processes to manage this and are responsible for the validation of and auditing of Discovery data, resolving CI conflicts and mitigating and/or eliminating duplicate records. A thorough understanding of IT asset and configuration management principles and methodologies is needed.
- Develop, curate, and drive asset management related processes and procedures, standards, policies, compliance controls, and reporting.
- Create sustainable process for populating and maintaining a CMDB and ensure completeness and accuracy of data within to be used for reporting, tracking, and control performance.
- Monitor assets through their lifecycle to maintain assignment, location and warranty information, licensing requirements as well as refresh and renewal dates.
- Develop and oversee defensible process for end-of-life activities including secure storage, transport activities (chain of custody), data destruction, physical destruction, and maintenance of certificates of destruction.
- Identify processes for license management across the organization and identify opportunities for reduction of duplicative tools and license needs as well as ensure best practices for license compliance.
- Collaborate with technical and project teams, procurement, legal and other stakeholders to provide input and review of software and hardware purchases and collaborate on deployment.
- Mature the IT asset management program using industry best practices and in reaction to organizational needs.
- Collaborate with the people team and service desk to develop strong processes around obtaining former employee hardware and re-issuing or moving to the end-of-life workflow based on lifecycle needs.
- Maintain relationship with key IT partners and monitor compliance with outlines contracts including costs, expectations, and SLAs.
- Work closely with technology leaders to identify methods for reducing technology spend on hardware and software while also bolstering IT efficiency, security, and preparedness.
- Identify and lead the execution of process improvement initiatives in the Asset Management and Configuration Management space
- Manage and monitor spend against defined budgets.
- 3 - 5 years of experience of Configuration Management and Asset Management (hardware and software) experience.
- Ability to see where we should go with Asset Management, how to get there, and the motivation to accomplish it.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of leadership and with vendor representatives to influence decisions and drive progress