Grow your career as an Investment Data Specialist with an innovative global bank in Stamford, CT. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will take ownership of the data across the entire investment platform to maintain/ensure integrity, validity, timely availability of data to strengthen and improve efficiency of portfolio management, trading desk, investment research and product teams. Will also coordinate with other teams to ensure data sourced meet, and comply by the requirements of the company.
- Assume ownership of data and act as the point of contact for data issues in various portfolio management systems.
- Ensure data quality and notify timely availability of data to Portfolio Management teams and Traders.
- Day-to-day focus on data feeds to/from portfolio management systems.
- Assess impact of any delay of data feeds and/or data issues.
- Communicate data issues indicating the impact to stake holders.
- Model local securities in fixed income portfolio management systems.
- Setup/maintain securities for trading and/or assist the PMs/Traders with security setup.
- Update benchmark analytics.
- Escalate vendor data issues and get timely resolution.
- Identify areas for automation and work with Technology team to automate health check and reconciliation reports.
- Work with back office and middle office teams to ensure account demographics and acquisition/amortized cost information are accurate for portfolios.
- Assist with ad hoc data requests.
- Maintain set of reports with current and historical data including accounts, products, AUMs, products, portfolio performance, and client types.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for this data, build repetitive queries to improve timeliness of response times.
- Build SQL queries for portfolio data and produce reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
- 5-10+ years of experience in financial services.
- Prefer experience in investment/wealth management industry.
- Working knowledge of portfolio management process, systems/tools, and data (including equity, fixed income, FX securities and analytics).
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Prefer experience in Charles River, BondEdge, PERFORM/CreditScope, Bloomberg, FactSet, or similar investment platforms and/or market data toolsets.
- Excellent analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Familiar with asset management data, e.g., portfolio, product, financial metrics, and client type.
- Ability to run reports across a variety of sources and cross reference for accuracy.
- Skilled in SQL queries and database functionality.
- Experience in working with multiple teams/partners including business, technology, production support, operations, business risk and infrastructure teams.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Veterans/Disability/Women. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.