Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Information Security Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262-8522
Term: 12 months
- Working with compliance to IS Baseline process, procedures, and controls.
- Investigating and evidencing the availability of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), CIS Workbench Baselines and vendor documentation to ensure industry best practices and application/system specific recommendations are reviewed and dispositioned.
- Meet with the Asset Class Owners (ACOs), Product Owners (POs) and assorted Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to review and discuss the parameters in the baseline.
- Obtain endorsements of the proposed baseline from the ACO, PO and SMEs and see the baseline through the approval and publication process.
- Participate in security consulting on small projects for internal clients to ensure uniformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards.
- Track or remediate vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Review and correlate security logs.
- Assist with the design, documentation, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security.
- Provide technical support for security related issues.
- Utilize industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Interface with more experienced technologists.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of demonstrated information security for applications or systems experience.
- 2+ years of experience administering operating systems, *nix, Windows Server.
- 2+ years of experience working with databases, networking tools, or security applications.
- Good understanding of JIRA and scrum ceremonies.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience working across diverse technical disciplines.
- 2+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.