Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services to be a part of building a better working world for customers and communities.
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
Term: 8 months
- Work closely with sponsors to define and maintain the various project demands of portfolios within the InfoSec business unit.
- Build the foundation for the delivery of various projects by capturing the business context - problem, current state, desired future state, objectives, business needs and impacted user groups.
- Develop requirements (business, user, and technical requirements — functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision.
- Manage requirements through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team.
- Play a critical communications role by interacting with the user (business domain) and with IT and testing personnel.
- Ensure requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous, and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Navigate the IT team and business sponsors through a level of ambiguity including business process change; build organization and structure to requirements to drive out and define detailed requirements efficiently.
- Work with the project manager and the business customer(s) to define stakeholder requirements.
- Understand project technology and define how the requirements will be conducted (i.e. elicitation, analysis, specification and validation).
- Facilitate requirement meetings; demonstrate extensive experience in facilitating sessions (10+ people). Use techniques to define scope and requirements during the creation of the business case and the lifecycle of the project.
- Write and review business, user, and non-functional/system level requirements in the form of Business Cases, Use Cases, and similar structured requirements documentation.
- Ensure change control and change management procedures are followed within the project team as they relate to requirements.
- Understand the business case and project scope.
- Ensure high quality business analysis standards are met as prescribed by Information Security through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies, and deliverables.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years in a large corporate IT environment.
- 5+ years as a business analyst across various IT disciplines; InfoSec a plus, but also, infrastructure deployment, application development, large RFP’s, proofs of concept, etc.
- 10 to 15 years in a corporate IT environment.
- Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure).
- Significant work experience IT infrastructure and security projects.
- Flexibility to work outside typical hours, as required of a globally dispersed team.
- Flexibility to travel on a very limited basis.
Even better if you have:
- PMP certification.
- Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3.
- Experience in supporting a professional services and/or global IT organization.
- An understanding of Information Security tenets and priorities.
- Familiarity with the PMI Practice Standards.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!