A highly sought after client in the oil and gas industry has an immediate need for an Electrical Designer. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America!
- This position will be responsible for designing and maintaining detail electrical drawings in AutoCAD Software.
- Some assigned projects will vary in size and complexity.
- Projects and initiatives may vary from working independently or with a multi- discipline team that includes Project Managers, Design Engineers, and Drafters
Duties and Responsibilities to include the following:
- Prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer and/or designer to ensure effective quality product.
- Conduct field investigations when needed, produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques, and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance. Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to coworkers.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Help in estimating project cost.
- Conduct quality QA/QC reviews of all drawings and drawing packages.
- Help develop/ensure completed drawing packages for IFA (Issued for Approval), IFB (Issued for Bid) and IFC (Issued for Construction) in accordance with standard drawing format.
- Use the latest version of AutoCAD
- Understand material nomenclature, specification, symbology & P&IDs.
- Utilize Company document management system (Blue Cielo Meridian system) or equivalent DM systems.
- Work as a team player with the Project Manager, Design Engineer and the Design team to develop various types of Construction Drawing Packages.
- Understand the function of measurement equipment and process piping.
- Understand terminology and acronyms of the industry and have the ability to incorporate into drawings and related work outputs.
- Ability to work on both as built projects and Construction Projects Simultaneously.
Position Requirements and Skills:
- A minimum of Seven to Ten years of experience in plant. Knowledge and experience using Windows operating systems.
- Experience required utilizing AutoCAD software
- Must have good communication skills, written & verbal, work with minimal supervision, and simultaneously manage multiple projects to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to prioritize work.
- Previous experience in refinery or terminals electrical design required.
- Overtime occasionally may be required and expected as project deadlines require.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley ControlLogix 1756 and Ethernet IP protocol a plus
Associates degree or equivalent experience is required.
Office cubicle, CADD station
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time Position may require lifting of up to 25lbs
Occasional field visits are required