Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Come work for this top-ranked U.S. hospital and be part of a larger initiative providing innovative treatments, advanced technology, and collaboration among clinicians and scientists.
Position: Hospital Operator
Location: San Francisco, California, 94115
Term: 4 Weeks (26-Oct-2020 - 21-Nov-2020)
- 70% - Operates Siemens PBX Console, Northern Telecom Console, AMCOM, smartweb Database:
- Answer and extent all incoming calls in polite, helpful and professional manner.
- Provides patient information on room location and telephone number and extends calls to patient rooms or appropriate nursing station.
- Provides caller assistance with regard to location and telephone number for Client numbers
- Provides local and long distance call placement for in-house staff. Connects callers to appropriate external operators.
- Answer emergent telephone lines (acute MI, needlestick, code phones, etc) AFTER HOURS support:
- Receive patient calls after support clinics are closed
- Operator will triage patient calls for support clinics and page corresponding clinicians as required
- Execute escalation processes for the above support
- 20% - Provides Paging and Paging Information Answers to in-house page requests.
- Pages are requested, with guidelines and protocol with respect to digital and overhead pages.
- Provides on call services on a 24/7 basis for over 65 specialties for both inpatient and outpatient.
- Performs alphanumeric paging for ACUTE MI calls.
- Responds to the emergency situations according to protocol.
- These would include Bomb Threats, and disaster declarations.
- 10% - Update Duties Maintains current listing of physicians, which includes department information, physician information including telephone and pager numbers through data entry into the AMCOM database as well as other custom applications.
- Maintains accurate logs for incident reports and trouble logs as required.
- Submits data entry corrections via custom applications to the data system administrator or evening shift to insure correct and current information is contained in the operator database.
- Special projects assigned by the Supervisor or Manager that are within the incumbent’s classification.
- Performed by the Evening and Night Personnel: Serves as primary data entry staff to extract and input data into several custom applications.
- Provides updates to database for resident rotations.
- Evening and Night Personnel Additional Duties for C;oemt operators:
- Data Entry function will be performed:
- Custom application updates which include: Departmental name and telephone number lists, which are provided as new or updated information.
- Performs changes to existing information as noted by Operator Staff or Management. Input on-call information as soon as it is supplied by the Departments.
- This will include rotation information and timely notification of missing call information to supervisory staff.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population
- There can be emergent/emergencies that requires coordination with internal resources
- Good customer service
- Prior experience in a communication position – i.e. switchboard, Comm Tech PBX Operator strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Work experience with a “windows application” on PC
- Willingness to learn
- Second language skill may be used in the work environment