Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr. Hadoop Administrator
Location: Charlotte, NC, Des Moines, IA, Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX
Term: 9 months
Day-to-Day Responsibilities:We are seeking a Senior Hadoop Administrator to manage the Hadoop / MapR on cloud or on-premises Linux instances, including configuration, capacity planning, expansion, performance tuning and monitoring.
- Work with data engineering team to support development and deployment of Spark and Hadoop jobs.
- Work with end users to troubleshoot and resolve incidents with data accessibility.
- Contribute to the architecture design of the cluster to support growing demands and requirements.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of software and hardware upgrades with ability to utilize disaster recovery related to Hadoop platforms if needed.
- Recommend and implement standards and best practices related to cluster administration using Kafka, HBase, Spark, Hive etc.
- Research and recommend automated approaches to cluster administration. Utilize Yarn configuration in a multi-tenancy environment with Yarn capacity scheduler.
- Act as Sr. person on the team in providing Hadoop Administration Services.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation to update and test the business continuation plan.
Specific skills required:
- Experience with Big Data, Hadoop, MapR/Ezmeral Data Fabric, Hortonworks Data Platform, and YARN;
- Experience working in Linux environments;
- Experience with Hortonworks or Ezmeral Data Fabric cluster administration (not development);
- Knowledge of industry standard Incident, Problem, Release, and Change Management processes;
- Experience troubleshooting issues related to Hadoop Ecosystem components like Hive, Spark, Hbase;
- Experience installing and maintaining Python Libraries;
- Experience with environment and infrastructure integration; and
- Capacity management experience.