Term: 12 months
Location: Remote, USA
The selected resources will assist in making the necessary changes to the PolicyCenter configuration, integration and tuning for performance and helping the team in implementing the key business initiatives.
- The I.T. Guidewire Consultant will have a thorough understanding of Guidewire (GW) products.
- This role will design, develop, make program and/or configuration changes to deliver business functionality within Guidewire Centers.
- 5+ years of experience with Guidewire applications with 2+ years development in PolicyCenter will be preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a developer with experience of design and team leading.
- An understanding of the insurance business, an ability to talk to business analysts and SMEs in order to translate business requirements into system changes.
- A full understanding of the GW product suite and the frameworks/options available for development.
- Knowledge in configuration and coding using Guidewire tools and accelerators, Guidewire Batch, and Guidewire predefined plugins.
- Experience in configuration of screen layouts, including creation of new screens, enhancements to others and XML file changes.
- Database definition and design at the application level
- Experience relating to screen-related changes, changes to wizards, workflows, validation rules, and Business rules.
- Definition, design, and configuration of the company structure (single or multiple internal companies, organization structure, regions, branches, users, roles, permissions, producer codes).
- Ability to solve business needs/requirements with creative use of out of the box functionality.
- A strong Gosu and Java background as well as utilization of Guidewire Studio required.
- Must have experience using Java and J2EE
- Highly proficient in SQL (T-SQL or PL/SQL)
- Experience in J2EE, Spring MVC, and SOAP web services is must.
- In depth knowledge of Core Java, OOP, and design patterns.
- Database experience – SQL, Complete understanding of table joins and relational databases.
- Experience writing SQL Queries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Prior experience with Jenkins, Rally or other similar applications.
- Experience with Insurance Systems and GW capabilities
- Experience with the mortgage lending or servicing industries a plus.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, and overall strategies around data reuse and integration.
- Java/ J2EE 8+ years / Guidewire applications 5 years
- 5+ years of experience with Guidewire applications with 2+year’s development in Claim Center(preferred).
- 8+ years of experience as a developer with experience of design and team leading