Job Title: Guest Services Specialist
Term (Contract Length): 6-months
Location: Redwood City, CA
The members of the Workplace Experience team are the culture carriers at our company, acting as the heartbeat of the company, driving global connection and inclusion throughout the entire employee lifecycle. We create inspiring, safe, frictionless environments, both in-office and remotely, allowing employees to focus on doing their best work. We pride ourselves in our ability to create and support moments of surprise and delight, while at the same time driving and executing company-impacting projects and overall improvements. We are the concierge team of the workplace, a resource for employees when they don’t know where else to turn. You, as the Guest Services Specialist will be responsible for managing employee, vendor and guest access controls. You will liaise with various cross functional partners for day to day operations for building access and also execute mail operations. This role will be predominantly based in San Francisco but there may be days that shifts working from the Redwood City Office is required.
- Serve as a key point of contact for all employees and visitors to the space.
- Staffing the reception desk at certain periods of the day and carrying out associated duties.
- Develop a working relationship with employees and vendors to satisfy complex needs of various stakeholders;
- Working with Security to coordinate employee, visitor and vendor access during business hours.
- Working with building management for repairs and maintenance issues;
- Maintain constant communication with the Workplace Experience Manager for issues such as supply ordering and COI coordination.
- Liaise with the Workplace Experience Coordinator on the day to day mail operations including PO box collections, scanning, uploading and shipment creation.
- Provide administrative support for the Workplace Experience team as directed, including expense management, purchasing and organization of swag, meeting coordination, office and workplace experience equipment care, and supply management.
- Assist with or manage additional/special projects as needed
- Contribute new ideas to engage and energize the Workplace Experience team in improving productivity, efficiency, and quality of service delivery.
- Minimum 1-2 years of related reception or mail services experience required.
- Ability to work in a flexible, positive, and team-oriented work environment, while being open to change and a mindset to initiate and embrace process improvement.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Self-starter; handles self with minimal supervision and is proactive.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Substantial knowledge and experience using Google suite.
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel, and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- College degree preferred.
If this sounds like a fit for you, apply today!
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.