Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Term: 6 Months Contract
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Long term contract opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA for Senior Administrative Assistant role. To join the Mission Systems Administrative Support department to support Engineering in this fast-paced environment on a contract basis. The position performs complex administrative activities in close relationship to the day-to-day work of Engineering Department in Mission Systems. The Administrative Assistant will work in a confidential and highly responsive relationship with department leadership. This position is onsite.
- Work in a confidential and highly responsive relationship with the Engineering Director.
- Provide administrative support to organization leaders and team members.
- Maintain calendars, schedule appointments, arrange departmental meetings/conferences, and attend meetings to take notes.
- Prepare materials for departmental meetings.
- Coordinate and execute departmental events.
- Coordinate travel for department personnel and assists in expense report preparation.
- May track and maintain departmental budgets and assist management in determining budget requirements.
- Collaborate with other Administrative Assistants to share knowledge and coordinate inter-departmental activities.
- Act as administrator for department websites, including site content updates, managing user access, and assisting users with questions.
- Establish, maintain, and revise departmental files and readily identifiable control files for matters in progress.
- Maintain office supplies for department, including tracking, ordering, and organizing.
- Assist in tasks associated with hiring and onboarding of new employees.
- Draft email communications and announcements at an organizational level.
- Maintain organization charts and distribution lists.
- Type and assemble data (i.e., tables, charts, reports, and memorandums) from verbal or written instruction; applies basic knowledge of equipment capabilities to plan details of formatting, spacing and page layout.
- Proofread presentation content ensuring proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar usage; may perform minor document revisions to ensure clarity.
- Receive and prioritize telephone calls, business visitors, and incoming mail, routes mail, and inquiries to proper personnel.
- Interface with personnel from numerous departments and possible external contacts to exchange information requiring limited interpretation or discussion.
- Other administrative tasks, as delegated and requested.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Candidate must have 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to maintain calendars.
- Must be able to collaborate well with others, sharing knowledge, and coordinate department activities.
- Must be able to provide administrative support to organization leaders and team members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, Office 365 and all products.
- Strong background in customer service.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize work.
- High-level problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently.
- Enjoy working as part of a team and able to work well with others.
- SAP, Concur, SharePoint experience.
- Event planning experience.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.