This is role that requires 2-3 days/week onsite and the remainder of the days working remote. Will work onsite at the company's large campus in Spring, TX.
The Full Stack Web Developer will actively collaborate with internal stakeholders and other developers to deliver software solutions to the company's Upstream business lines. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of application development including work planning, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support. Primary Job Functions include:
- Collaborate with engineers, geoscientists, data managers, and other software developers to define, build, and deliver solutions to our most challenging upstream business problems.
- Architect, implement, deploy, and support cloud-ready and cloud-native web-based applications.
- Continue to learn and share software industry best practices with team members
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with software developers and domain experts.
- Strong grasp of software engineering best practices for code quality and maintainability such as OOAD, SOLID principles, and automated testing.
- Minimum of five years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications including frontend, business logic, and data layers.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: C#/.NET (preferred), Java, Python.
- Experience with modern web frameworks/libraries such as ASP .NET MVC, Angular, React.
- Good grasp of the REST architectural style and experience implementing REST APIs using ASP.NET Web API (preferred), Node.js, or Flask.
- Experience building data models and data access layers against either SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting applications on premise (Windows Server, IIS) and on Cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure (preferred), AWS, or GCP).
- Prior work experience in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Prior work experience with large scale data management systems.
- Experience working on teams following Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience participating in the user centered design process