Grow your career as a Full-stack Java Development Lead with an innovative global bank in Rutherford, NJ. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will lead a team of 8 to 10 developers.
- Provide IT strategic direction for projects managed including developing detailed IT work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Exercise influence over team budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Provides expertise in projects managed and demonstrates an advanced level of understanding of the principles of IT project leadership.
- Understanding of client core business functions.
- Directly impact the business through contribution to technical direction and strategic decisions for IT Project Leadership.
- Influence and negotiate with senior leaders (across functions). May communicate with external parties.
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge of multiple areas within technology to achieve technology objectives.
- Responsible for resource management and allocation of work; acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Bachelor’s/University degree is required. Prefer Masters’ degree.
- 10+ years of experience in an application development role and subject matter expert in this field.
- 10+ years of experience as a Full-stack Java Developer, designing and developing robust, scalable, and maintainable applications applying Object Oriented Design principles.
- Must be hands on with code.
- Hands-on experience in Web technologies (HTML, CSS, Angular), REST-APIs, and Backend using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Experience with Agile software development processes with a strong emphasis on test driven development.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and experience in tools such as JIRA, BlackDuck, SONAR, etc.
- Able to evaluate design trade-offs and document choices effectively.
- Demonstrated capacity to build sophisticated tooling for development and production team use.
- Java Core with concurrent programming
- Spring Framework including Core, Integration, Batch, JDBC, Hibernate
- Distributed Caching frameworks such as Oracle Coherence, and/or Redis
- Cloud computing technologies working with containers, microservices and large datasets (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Databases - RDBMS preferably Oracle, NoSQL preferably MongoDB
- Linux environment including scripting skills
- SDLC/Dev Ops - Git/BitBucket, CI/CD pipeline frameworks such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Any secure coding toolkits
About our clientOur client stands as one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.