Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long-term contract engagements.
Position: Full Stack Java Developer
Location: 100% remote
Term: Long term contract opportunity
The ideal candidate will join a team responsible for developing a next-generation product suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of experience with AngularJS/Angular
- Experience with Azure Cloud
- Exposure to cloud-based deployments, CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Experience working with Selenium
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Strong coding skills and concepts in Java
- Java EE Technologies, Spring Framework, Microservices Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), JDBC, JNDI, JTA/JTS, JMS
- Application Monitoring with Dynatrace and Log Insight
- Responsive design and grid frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap), including cross-browser compatibility.
- Web Servers & Application Servers IBM WebSphere/Tomcat/TC Server
- Integration & Collaboration Tools Subversion, GIT
- Web Services WSDL, SOAP, JAX-WS, XML RPC, JAXB, REST WS
- Java Database Frameworks - Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Relational databases and SQL like Oracle RDBMS or SQL Server. NoSQL databases like MongoDB, CouchDB or Cosmos DB
- Messaging Layer – RabbitMQ, IBM MQ
- 5 years of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Experience with developer testing practices (i.e. JUnit, etc.) and understands the differences between unit, functional, and system tests
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience with and is willing to initiate sharing knowledge with others
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by experience
- Experience supporting a production application.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and modifies complex, deadline-intensive, and/or mission-critical applications using advanced programming tools
- Documents all code using standard forms and procedures and reviews others' work as appropriate
- Assists others in the use of programming tools and recommends tools to best meet application needs
- Recommends process, methodology, and tool changes in conjunction with Architects and QA to best meet the needs of the department and client
- Works with Quality assurance to participate in the unit, system, and user acceptance testing based on an understanding of the development lifecycle
- Participates in architectural recommendations/decisions and works with other infrastructure groups as applicable to determine and implement complex system hardware requirements that may involve multiple platforms, databases, peripherals, or other technology
- Provides the highest level of technical production support for applications, assists others with complex problem resolution, and responds with solutions to both functional and technical issues promptly
- Works with Business System Analysts, Project Managers, or other management to recommend process or system enhancements
- Works with DBAs, Architects, and other team members to ensure logical and physical data models and relationship diagrams are completed and executed according to methodology and user requirements
- Assist project management in estimates as requested.