Grow your career as a Full Stack Java Developer with an innovative global bank in Tampa, FL. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will be involved in all aspects of SDLC of these UI application full Java/J2EE stack and related technologies to streamline and optimize manually intensive processes throughout the company. Will be responsible for technical deliverables, provide architectural guidance, enforce best company and industry best practices, conduct code reviews, build support processes, and serve as escalation point during production outages.
- Develop and deliver assigned development projects within agreed schedule, quality and scope expectations.
- Participate in all stages of the SDLC within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Deliver implementations of vendor products into the company.
- Interact with senior management to define and drive architectural direction.
- Enhance/re-architect existing components to satisfy new performance and scalability requirements.
- Provide level 3 (escalation) support for the application.
- Ensure all components in the platform are fully compliant with company standards.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Electronics) is required.
- 7+ years of application development experience.
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications.
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects.
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods.
- Working knowledge Unix including shell scripting.
- Prefer working knowledge of RedHat Linux.
- Prefer financial services technology experience.
- Prefer physical and logical data modeling.
Must have experience with the following technologies:
- Java SE/EE 8 and above
- RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
- XML/XSD/XSLT and JSON
- REST API
- Modern source control, build and continuous integration solutions (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Team City, Artifactory, Sonarqube)
- UNIX/Linux Shell scripting
- Solid understanding of application infrastructures, including hardware, storage, network, databases, disaster recovery.
- Proven experience building scalable, mission critical systems.
Preferred Technical Skills and Experience:
- Tibco EMS and other message-oriented middleware
- Windows scripting, Powershell
- Autosys and scheduling
- Experience in Cloud concepts and technologies: container build and orchestration, infrastructure-as-code, horizontal scaling.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.