Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Financial Systems Engineer
Location: New York NY
Term: 12 months
- This position will work directly with the application and support staff. The focus is on monitoring of low latency trading applications. It includes data collection, analysis and presentation of real time and historic data.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- A strong candidate will have some knowledge across several domains including infrastructure, software development, OS and data analytics
Desired Business Expertise
- Domain knowledge in Capital markets with specific focus on trading workflows, infrastructure and network design / support preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of multiple trading flows including DMA routing, fix connections and packet transfers between internal and external exchanges / PICO networks preferred
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to deep dive using available resources to troubleshoot
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Analytical skills & logical reasoning
- Understanding of low latency application tuning
- Understanding of data modeling and visualization to extract business knowledge
- Experience in troubleshooting network layer incidents
- Ability to conduct system, network and environmental checkouts
- Understanding of switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and other network related devices
- Demonstrate strong understanding of multiple operating systems that include Linux / Windows OS
- Knowledge of high level programming languages and scripting a plus
- Velocimetrics/Corvil knowledge a plus