Summary Provide on-site technical support for industrial washing, sterilization and surgical equipment through preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications and installation support. Provide excellent customer service by pro-actively communicating with customers on a daily basis. Utilize technology to complete service call reports and other administrative duties as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and rebuild/refurbish industrial washing, sterilization and surgical equipment and system components.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on various types of equipment from multiple manufacturers. Types of equipment may include but are not limited to autoclaves, rack washers, bottle fillers, tunnel washers, bedding dispensers, cart washers, endoscope washers, blanket warmers, surgical tables, surgical lights and other type of equipment manufactured by Getinge (CASTLE), Steris (ASMCO), Consolidated, Tuttnauer, ETC and other manufacturers.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 3 hours to customer sites that include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgical centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, animal research centers and universities. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer standard operating procedure training.
- Flexible schedule required to accommodate customer needs and emergency service calls.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license required. Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.
- Minimum of one to two years experience in a related field of work with technical school training, or three to five years experience without advanced training.
- One to three years experience in the repair and maintenance of Getinge (Castle) and/or Steris (AMSCO) industrial washing, sterilization and/or surgical equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in computer and Windows software required.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as required (60-90% estimated travel).
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and prescription drug insurance
- 401 (k) participation with employer match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Company vehicle, if applicable
- Company supplied laptop computer, cell phone and other technologies, if applicable