Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC, 28202
Term: 12 months
- Acts as a core Teradata/ETL developer in application development and support data marts inside the Wholesale Teradata analytic platform in an agile environment.
- Work closely with product owner/scrum masters/ application lead to understand business requirements, write functional design specs and participate in efficient development delivery and deployment.
- Evaluate system designs in scrum calls for efficiency with focus on performance.
- Verifies program logic by preparation of test data, unit testing, integration testing and debugging of programs.
- Develops documentation as per compliance and support needs.
- Participates as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes, internal/external business process and technology audits.
- Interact / Collaborate closely with teammates, DBAs, and interface partners as well as ensuring quality throughout the development lifecycle
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 4+ years of data warehouse experience.
- 4+ years of experience working with at least one Relationship Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Oracle, MS SQL, or Teradata.
- 4+ years of experience supporting or designing complex ETL production environments.
- Writing queries in Teradata Essential.
- Part of an agile team.
- Hit the ground running.
- 2+ years of UNIX experience.
- Desired Qualifications:
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing requirements and designing new solutions for application and database components.
- 5+ years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders.
- 2+ years of ETL, data warehouse and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: System including business requirement design or review, release management support, test script development and execution, and system issue resolution.
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking follow-through to completion.
- Experience with Agile Scrum (Daily Standup, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings) and Kanban.
- Cloud computing experience.
- Experience in using Python.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.