Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is a contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28202
Term: 4 months
- Act as senior developer working with other developers, BA and QA staff in programming, development, testing, and implementation process.
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and write technical specifications.
- Collaborate across teams, including global teams, to create high quality solution designs.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy data integration initiative. As a senior Developer, perform Design & Code reviews and process optimization.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications.
- Contributes in analyzing complex requirements and translates to technical design and specifications.
- Design, development, test, and implement application ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) code.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs to source, map, extract and load large volumes of data.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of data requires a solid grasp of compliance, regulatory and technology risk domains.
- Experience in relational and dimensional models.
- Experience in large scale data warehouse architectures & Performance optimization.
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 7 + years of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning.
- 7+ years of SQL experience.
- 2+ years of experience creating visual reports with one or combination of the following: SSRS, Tableau, or PowerBI.
- 7+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop.
- 3 + years of experience working with large data sets.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- An industry-standard technology certification.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience.
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of data modeling tools, such as Power Designer.
- Experience with Spark, Hive and Kafka.
- 4+ years of experience with source coding in one or a combination of the following: GitHub, SVN(Subversion), TFVC (Team Foundation Version Control) or TFSGit (Team Foundation Server).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a quantitative development team about models and integration strategies.
- Ability to dissect technical problems, analyze data, and recommend potential solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of data dimensional modeling.
- Good data analytical and validation skills.
- BS/BA degree or higher in information technology.