Grow your career as an ETL Application Support with an innovative global bank. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will be supporting legal, regulatory and reporting applications.
- Perform analysis of existing application protocols and software tools and actively engage with the various support teams for the smooth functioning of the company’s business.
- Provide application support oversight in resolving and troubleshooting problems.
- Provide and support recommendations for improved procedures and policies.
- Work with various vendors and ensure that issue resolution is as per company’s standards and there is timely notification to the customers for the ongoing production issues.
- Ensure that there is a seamless communication channel between the support and the development team for ensuring the production issues are fixed in timely manner.
- Assist and support in achieving departmental goals and objectives.
- Provide advanced application support to effectively utilize the system infrastructure and resources.
- Provide direct assistance to users in using and interpreting software tools and products.
- Interact with software vendors to provide best solutions to business problems.
- Ensure compliance of all security measures in application development processes.
- Oversee process for technical issue escalation. Prioritize technical issue resolution.
- Oversee resolution of major system outages ensuring communication to interested parties.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
- Provide technical oversight across systems and applications. Leverage skills across apps support area.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science, IT, or other Engineering disciplines.
- 3 to 4+ years of experience in handling application production support activities, identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Must have expertise in SQL and Linux.
- Must have strength in command line and SQL (writing and troubleshooting queries).
- Experience with handling ETL jobs (Ab Initio) with sound expertise in UNIX to identify issues at data level and trace file transfers from one system to another.
- Good expertise in database level analysis to trace issues to closure.
- Extensive experience in writing complex and efficient SQL DML statements.
- Strong design & execution bend of mind to help resolve complex technical issues.
- Ticketing tools like ServiceNow.
- Thorough understanding of ETL and relational database methodologies.
- Software engineering best practices.
- Experience managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date.
- Experience in delivering regular and customized training to teams within the business.
- Strongly prefer proficiency of of various scheduling tool such as Autosys.
- Prefer Ab Initio skills.
- Prefer experience on shell scripting.
- Prefer experience with ETL/Database Development tools.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.